Thursday, August 5, 2010

End of the Road.

So i've finally got to the end of LiveBelowTheLine, and while totally irrelevant i feel like screaming at the top of my lungs that single line from that Boyz to Men song. Haha don't worry i won't.

So today i went into work and opened the money tin which i left in the staff room to collect yoyo money, spare change etc etc etc., as seen below. 

It totalled $78.45, and i counted this on the wastage sheet :)
I then took it into CommBank and used its nifty coin counting machine, got in trouble for taking pictures, bc i wanted to show you.... ekkkk so could only take a pictue of this receipt outside of the bank. (10 out of 10 service my ass!)
lol i don't know why i needed this picture?
Then i donated it towards my online page where i currently stand  at $750.15
  So yeah.

As i will not sing Boys to Men, i would like to shout out to my brother and thank him for his generous contribution and his loving remark of "hello" :D

I would also make a shout out to (haha imagine me in CB yelling a "CAN WE HAVE THREE LINES THANKS?") all the VILLAGERS who have contributed to this money tin and thus far supported me not only in monetary donations but just in general in LivingBelowTheLine, In now way would i have reached my target without each and everyone of you. And honestly from the bottom of my heart appreciate every cent and dollar (haha it reminds me of Amanda in She's the Man . "Every touch.... every..." errghhhh haha moving on :)

With this $750.15 and counting, WE have sent 15 disadvantaged students to school for 6 months on scholarship.

In closing my last blog, i want to say thank you to:
Ashleigh
Hien
Jasmine 
Antionette
Liana
Steph P
Kamaia
Robbie 
Grace
Caitlin E
Michael M
Amy
Anna 
Hanna
Brit
Sani-O
Josh Janssen
Daniel
Jen
Osh
Taylor
Weezi
Mary
Daniela
Gnet
Chris
Jesse Overton-Skinner
Steph I
Caitlin F
KWNG
My beloved work colleagues at Village
Sarah F
For your donations.

And as noted in my first blog


There's always gonna be another mountain (or target)
I'm always gonna wanna make it move (or hit it)
Always gonna be a uphill battle (or be a temperamental hungry Karyan)
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose (/ not hit the target)

It's all about the Climb, having some glimpse of how it feels to live with 1.4 billion others in extreme poverty and actually not doing something for charity but something that has to be done.
It's a basic human right. Justice.  


I've effectively reached my target and gotten a glimpse of how it feels to live with 1.4 billion in extreme poverty.
I look forward to the future believing that this will translate to Making Poverty History.  

With much Love and Hope,
Karyan Ng

1 comment:

  1. k-san, this is amazing! you are such a wonderful person!
    you've completely inspired me to do something like this as soon as i get home to australia.
    seriously, well done :)

    ReplyDelete